April 11, 2010

KDU Debate Competition 2010

Hey guys,

What’s it been more than ages I suppose since I’ve blogged. Well lately life has been beyond busy. We had KDU debate comp last month and it was really a great experience and we did really well for 1st timers and all :D We ranked 17th amongst 60 plus teams and I got the 10th best speaker but didn’t get a prize because there were 3 ppl tied for 8 and a couple for 9 before reaching me. But I still like te fact though I felt I could have been better.

Let me tell you more about the KDU debate

1st round – we went against SMK Bandar Baru Sungai Buloh I think and we went for a motion thw allow homosexuality to be taught in sexual education. We won J
2nd round – we went against Sri Garden International. Was kinda like worried you could say but it turned out well funny but well. I did a stupid thing though as usual by addressing the judge a guy a madam speaker..but I was like new so honestly I thought the timekeeper was the person well wtv stupid me. We went for a motion to do with global warming and how real it is BUT WE WON

3rd round – we went against KGV. Mmm interesting I tell you cos when we saw them we were like okay another normal team. Which they were except their whip a guy named arvind he’s well not very normal and he was good. Anyways we were in a shock for our life’s the started yelling sham! Shame! While we were speaking. I didn’t let it disturb me during my speech but after the round I couldn’t control losing it. Well a great experience none the less cos we went against the ppl we got number 2 in the whole comp wit the motion thw allow prisoners to vote. We lost incase you haven’t guessed already.

4th round – we went against Hin Hua. For some reason this round we were relaxed simply ocs after all the drama in the previous round I just felt dizzy and kinda ditzy. The great part was just the night before I asked QM to prepare for politics and the topic she did even if it was about china was similar. THW apply one child policy in India. I did a stupid thing yet again by trying out wat KGV did and said “Err” during QM’s speech instead of ‘hear hear!” and not only did QM spend a few seconds looking at me instead of talking, the Hin Hua ppl just looked at me like I just had a spaz attack and the judge looked like he was trying his best to refrain from laughing. Well we won the round

5th round- we went against MGS. It was a silent round. Aqil was really tired. And yeap mgs was very diplomatic and we debated a motion thw protect the celebrities not the paparazzi. We found out that we didn’t win and we kinda expected it. The next days results for who broke came the top 16, and at that time we didn’t know we were 17 but I couldn’t help but feel awesomely disappointed. Sigh. But it was a great experience thru and thru.

* U guys are probably wondering how did I place 10 with all the stupid things I did. Hmmm guess I did more better things than stupid things
**And qm,aqil thnx 4 being awesome teammates. Lina,divya and Leticia I just love you guys so much and you make our debate family what it is :D
*** Oh yeah up next UIA AND HELP!

Shanya

No comments: