January 24, 2011
So recently I've reached a situation where I might have to shut down my blog. Though no worries thats not happening anytime soon hopefully at least I hope so after this post. You see my blog means a lot to me and I really dont see anything wrong with blogging safely which is what I do. I do know some bloggers like to stay on the edge of things and trigger a whole lot of issues and end up winding themselves in a sticky sticky mess but I'm different. None of my posts fit the bill I must say unless me talking about books that I love, and my daily ramblings count for frisky writing material.
So here goes nothing.... WHAT MY BLOG MEANS TO ME:
1) Its the one place where I can just write.
2) My blog has taught me a lot and I would definately credit it to improving my essays that I had to do for all my school exams.
3) Whatever topic of my interest like music and tv... I feel like my blog is the greatest place to vent out especially when my friends dont like the same things. Like who else am I supposed to talk about some of the stuff I like.
4) Blogging has matured me.
5) Without blogging at times there really isnt anything to do on the internet thus blogging is a healthy way to spend your time online in my opinion.
6) I write for myself when I grow old and cant remember my young days I hope this blog will bring back all those memories I'd like to relieve.
7) Loved ones like my sister who lives far away .. well she reads my blog and sometimes you know when I dont speak to her on MSN or phone then this is the only way she knows whats going on with me. And thats very important to me.
8) I have 22 followers for my blog, I currently have 2897 pageviews from readers all over the world, and yes the countless of comments from my readers who love my writing especially on certain posts. Thus I must be doing something right.
9) When I'm so bored this blog serves its purpose of de-boring me well.
10) This is one thing I have thats all mine. Just mine.
Well with all that said. This blog is so not going to get closed. It means a whole lot to me and thats it.
January 22, 2011
January 21, 2011
Above: Randy with Logan and Dylan while Jai with Chloe
Now for a few things and lessons that this book shared with me to make me feel more inspired than ever by a form of writing (in no particular order) is:
1) " If you can dream it, you can do it."
2) " Just because you're in the driver's seat doesnt mean you have to run people over."
3) " When you're screwing up and nobody says anything to you anymore that means they've given up on you so you're better or having critics because often they are the ones who care about you and want to make you better."
4) " If I work hard enough there will be things I can do tommorow that I couldnt do today."
5) " Brick walls are there not to keep us out but for us to show how badly we want something."
6) " Luck is indeed where preparation meets oppurtunity."
7) " We cannot change the cards we're dealt just how we play the hand."
and the most important of all
8) " If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. The dreams will come to you." So have dreams and always believe in them but basically dont obsess about them because if you live your life the right way they will come true someday whether in one way or another because thats what Randy Pausch did and he made them all come true in his way
Above: Randy's favourite picture with his kids Logan, Dylan and Chloe
I must say the lessons I just quoted from the book is only less than a quarter of what the book has to offer. Plus there's a story behind each of these lessons pretty much, this was how he had learned the lessons and believe me the stories will really paint you a more detailed and just stunning picture of these life lessons that are so valuable. It also stuns you again at the beauty of family. So... GO BUY THIS BOOK BECAUSE YOU WILL SIMPLY NOT REGRET IT!* When I become a parent one day I'm going to read this book again so for all the people that are soon to be parents or already are you know you just have to read it.
January 11, 2011
So here are some random pictures from my tumblr that I absolutely love because I just think they're too darn beautiful. Plus I hope the pictures can cheer up my a bit depressing blog lately.
January 10, 2011
" When Others Give Up On You Dont Start Giving Up On You Too For That Makes All The Difference "
" Stand Up For What You Believe In Because Its The Only Way To Be Heard "
"It Doesn't Prove A Thing If You Don't Follow The Route Everyone Asks Of You All It Does Is Show You That You Are SPECIAL"
* I love her but isn't it funny i love josh groban too but you know i was over the moon when the rumours or whatever they were about them didnt turn out like serious.
January 9, 2011
So just a few hours ago I went for an education fair to find some answers. Yet now flash to the present back I'm sitting here in front of my computer just feeling like shit. Do keep in mind I'm not feeling well fever, flu, and exhaustion. So add all of those physical sickness to my mental problems and emotional distress you get one very very depress 18 year old. So let me explain why exactly I'm feeling the way I am and how the Education Fair played its part in depressing me.
So it all starts with my friend QM saying she's going to Taylor's for January intake as well which leads me to having to be like one less friend in my tadika job when I was suppose to go through this experience with her and we even had a plan :( Besides that the fact this depresses me as well is because I'm the only alevels taking person left out from the equation and I'm starting to doubt my choice in many ways.
Then comes the education fair which I went to with my parents. So as soon as we entered it was like BAC so to put it really simple thats where we spent almost all our time at. Because my parents are pretty set on BAC being my college and maybe I am too now just that they wanted to find out a bit more which I have to be honest we did find out a ton. First we talked to a few of the BAC students and I found out:
- There is a 2 subject fast track programme for alevels. Yes it IS possible to take 2 subjects for
- Singapore doesnt recognise a whole lot of Law degress from a bunch of UK uni's.
- Eng Lit is really not a good option to take since the passing rate is very low in general.
- Econs is an easier subject to score than Bussiness Studies.
- By taking the fast track route I will be saving a whole load of time.
- Doing arts alevels and being a science stream student in high school is possible and is actually very good thing.
So by finding out about all the above one would think wow she must have been enlighted and just peachy but NO I wasn't the least bit. You see I had this mindset going in I was going to take 3 subjects, going to start March. My 3 subjects were going to be Law, Bussiness Studies and Eng Lit. So I'm sure my blog readers which is you are smart enough to figure out how this whole bunch of argh information was bugging my "plan".
Then came the very kind man that would probably be my future Economics teacher, well he was the one giving the info and he asked me why was I not starting in January and well I know my answer wasnt good enough since it was the part time job and just you knowing taking a little breather not that it feels like any right now. Then he asked me what i got for trials and I said 6 A's and yeap he was even more like ???!! and started mentioning how I qualify for the fast track programme. Sigh.
Thus right now I just feel like crap and blur and scared and sick and worried and just plain sigh sigh and SIGH!
* Oh also the teacher said something that I found very I dont know whats the word to decribe the feeling but it just hit like BAM in your faces science people.
" Science students become doctors, but arts students OWN THE HOSPITAL"
*Oh btw for most of you who dont know, well I'm kind of on the road contemplating Law thus all the above... god knows if I'd change my mind but for right now hmph I feel pretty set.
* Gosh yeay! I dont feel depress anymore after this ranting out :)
January 6, 2011
January 1, 2011
* Come to Malaysia Josh!