Above: Randy with Logan and Dylan while Jai with Chloe
Now for a few things and lessons that this book shared with me to make me feel more inspired than ever by a form of writing (in no particular order) is:
1) " If you can dream it, you can do it."
2) " Just because you're in the driver's seat doesnt mean you have to run people over."
3) " When you're screwing up and nobody says anything to you anymore that means they've given up on you so you're better or having critics because often they are the ones who care about you and want to make you better."
4) " If I work hard enough there will be things I can do tommorow that I couldnt do today."
5) " Brick walls are there not to keep us out but for us to show how badly we want something."
6) " Luck is indeed where preparation meets oppurtunity."
7) " We cannot change the cards we're dealt just how we play the hand."
and the most important of all
8) " If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. The dreams will come to you." So have dreams and always believe in them but basically dont obsess about them because if you live your life the right way they will come true someday whether in one way or another because thats what Randy Pausch did and he made them all come true in his way
Above: Randy's favourite picture with his kids Logan, Dylan and Chloe
I must say the lessons I just quoted from the book is only less than a quarter of what the book has to offer. Plus there's a story behind each of these lessons pretty much, this was how he had learned the lessons and believe me the stories will really paint you a more detailed and just stunning picture of these life lessons that are so valuable. It also stuns you again at the beauty of family. So... GO BUY THIS BOOK BECAUSE YOU WILL SIMPLY NOT REGRET IT!* When I become a parent one day I'm going to read this book again so for all the people that are soon to be parents or already are you know you just have to read it.